ISO 22000:2018 is an ISO standard for Food Safety Management System. This system help an organization to control the food safety, hazards and to ensure that food is safe to consume. This management system can be adopt by any organization which have process or business related to food, no matter what size is the organization.
This is not a license. It is an international requirements which define by International Standard Organization (ISO) for food safety management purpose. In order to get the ISO 22000 certification for your organization, your organization need to fulfill the ISO 22000 requirements. All the requirements are listed in the ISO 22000 standard. This standard document can be purchase from www.iso.org. This standard usually will be revised within 5 to 10 years. The lastest revision is ISO 22000:2018, which is revised in Jun 2018.
The benefit of ISO 22000:
- Good management System to control food hazards
- Cost Saving and reduce food hazard incidents
- Expanding to international markets
- Increase customer confident and to stake holder
- Increase profitability
- Better branding for the organization image
- Continue improvement on organization performance